Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

What a Crap Day

I know I said I wasn't going to update for a bit, but I had to update this:

I got my first ticket.

That's right. And it wasn't one of those $50 fines for something stupid, it was $325 for running a red light! Having never had a red light camera ticket, I found it was very interested how they provided me with THREE pictures, just in case I couldn't figure out it was me, along with the time and the time the light had been red when I blew it..... 0.002 seconds.

Now, I'm not one to fight things unless I feel I was wronged, and I feel wronged. I completely remember this day because I had just changed lanes to behind a transport truck and as I was backing off, we went through the intersection. I couldn't see over the truck until it was too late to stop, and at that time it was yellow. I remember going through the light, having seen it had turned red, going "Crap... oh well. Not much I can do now."

So Mr. Sunshine helped me rattle through the ideas of what to do. We were given three options: Fight in court, fight by phone if you live more than 75 km away, or plead guilty and pay. I have two days to decide to do option 1 or 3. I cannot take Friday off work, so that leaves today only to fix things. The big problem? To fight it and argue about the transport truck hindering my view (whom you can clearly see in the picture), I would have to take today off work JUST to go to the court house that is already 20 minutes from my work to wait in an hours long line to submit my paperwork. I would then have to return on the day they request (which will of course have to be June 7th when I have a very important conference to attend), and spend HOURS waiting around to be heard.

With no demerit points taken and no license suspensions or issues, and of course, with Mr. Sunshine's blessing I have decided to pay the fine and suck it up. It sucks, but I did run the light and I don't have the time to spend two days in court, especially during report card writing season.

*sigh*

On the other hand, it makes me so sick thinking about it. I must be too much of a perfectionist.

Well, one 14 hour day has been completed with two more to go. Last night I went to a Kindergarten Conference and it was quite good, as it is every year. I learned, I networked, I met up with a bunch of people I know and only see when I am at Kindergarten events. It was great. Tonight is parent council and the agenda seems to be quite short, so I am holding them to it. I am exhausted to the point where I am going to be buying red bull and 5 hour to stay awake for everything. Then I'm going to come home, go to bed early, and do it again tomorrow.

Anyone else having stress? Any tickets that caused you chest pains (hehe)?


~Miss. Sunshine

3 comments:

  1. I HAAAAAAAAATE those red light cameras! Machines don't allow for human error! Case in point:
    Have you seen the episode of New Girl where Jess gets a red light ticket because she doesn't want to hit a bird that's sitting in the street?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! As SOON as I saw that comment I started laughing. Jess and I share a name so you KNOW I love that show... and singing the theme... randomly... around school and home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sing the theme song around the house too.

      Delete