Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

DIY Fail: Krylon Magnetic Spray Paint Review

I said I would update, and I am doing so in seething anger.

KRYLON MAGNETIC SPRAY PAINT IS A WASTE OF MONEY, TIME AND COMPLETE GARBAGE.

I sprayed four layers of magnetic spray paint on my board before covering it in two THIN layers of chalkboard paint (which they actually have a project for on their site!). This morning, knowing it was completely dry, I put a light advertisement magnet on. It fell off. I tried one of those rare earth magnets I have hanging around. It fell off.

NOTHING STICKS.

So, going back to my project, I would HIGHLY recommend that if you want your board to be magnetic you put a piece of metal in lieu of the mirror/wood you are painting. Ensure the metal is magnetic, as not all metals are. I would then cover that in chalkboard paint. Alternatively, if you live in the US there are other magnetic paints available. The container of paint that you brush on by Krylon, however, has just as horrible reviews.

As for me... I guess the magnets are out and cute writing with a chalk pen is in. *sigh*.

~Miss. Sunshine (isn't) Smil(ing).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I was just considering doing something similar with a kitchen cabinet, and I came across your blog. I will *not* be using this after all.

    ReplyDelete