Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dress Fitting, Take One

Now I have no pictures or proof I even had a dress fitting yesterday, but it happened. Let me set the stage for you here... I was exhausted to the point my eyes were burning and it was only 5 pm. The dress fitting was at 7:30. My mom and soon to be mother-in-law drove me to where my bridal salon is (and sister) to eat dinner and browse the mall before the fitting. It was the first time that my soon to be mother-in-law would see my dress and the first time myself or my mother would have seen it since I bought it.

We ate dinner, I downed more coffee and pop in a futile attempt to stay awake, and then walked around the mall for an hour. Afterwards we went to the dress fitting.

I felt like my legs were made of lead, but wanted to enjoy myself. I felt my heart fluttering everytime they said "Miss. Sunshine's Dress" and was smiling the best I could when I saw it. I was so scared of the dreaded 'dress regret', but didn't feel it when I saw it again. I got into the dress, was done up, and looked in the mirror and smiled. It's still beautiful. I got hemmed up and then my mom asked me if I wanted to try on my veil.

My mom's eyes welled up, my future mother-in-laws eyes welled up and I was so happy and looked fantastic! But you know what? Being so tired, I couldn't get that excited. I looked beautiful. It all came together so perfectly, I can barely explain my thrill, but all I could muster was a "yes, it looks great together". I ended up taking off my dress, getting my clothes back on, the bill was paid and we left.

I slept all the way home.

On the one hand, I am glad I will look beautiful on my wedding day. I am glad that it looks just how I wanted it to. I am so thrilled the pearls don't look funny, but look quite beautiful.

On the other hand, I almost wish my appointment had been another day so I could have really seen my dress in action.

Oh well.

I am picking it up on the 23rd of June, so you know I'll be trying it on again soon!

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment