Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Soon... Soon that will be us

I am writing this compliments of a vapourizor that ran all night providing comforting wet humidity into my crap lungs. So, compliments to that, before we begin.

I am very active on a sight called "Weddingbee". Love it. I tend to go on at least once or twice a day to read the blog or see the board or even ask a few questions of my own. Since we have hit the "less than three month mark" a few days ago, I have started seeing those boards in a new light. It used to be I'd look at the recaps of weddings and scour for decor and music ideas. I used to look at ceremony pictures and look carefully to see what type of dress, flowers and signing table was used-- but not anymore.

Today I was looking through a recap and all I could see was love and happiness. All I could think about was "God... I can't wait for that to be us."

With most of the wedding now complete except choosing music (which is Mr. Sunshine's job), finishing flowers and bouts (almost done), gathering pictures and frames (almost complete) and grabbing a few last minute items like fans and flat shoes, I have started to really enjoy my last few months as an engaged woman, which I hadn't really got to do up until now.

People say they hate or love these long or short engagements, and I'm on the fence. The time between Mr. Sunshine proposing and our marriage is 7 months and 2 days. It might sound like a lot, but if you think about it, it has been over 4 months and I still haven't enjoyed our engaged time yet! There is always some pressing matter to be dealt with. On the flipside, it will be over and done with quite quickly and I won't half to be engaged longer than we were dating for. I would think it would be hard to start if your engagement is too long.

Regardless, what is done is done and Mr. Sunshine and I are quite happy (right Mr. Sunshine?). Today I am going to finish off the invitations I have addresses for (4 more to finish and 8 more to get addresses), maybe finish a bridal bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets, and perhaps those bouts can stop bothering me and be finished as well!

Are you enjoying your engagement? Was it long? Short? In between?

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment