Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Neglect of the Blog

Man I have been SO bad! I do have lots of great excuses though-- I promise. My last post was on May 15th, and it has been wild around here since. The 16th I did a huge order for the new school I'm going to, which meant I wasn't home until close to 9:30. The 1 7th I was exhausted from the day before and went right to bed. The 18th kicked off my birthday weekend...

The 18th was a really bad day for me. Work drama led to many tears and the most wonderful fionce in the world asking me if he could make it better by taking me to our first drive in of the year. Of course I was thrilled! We packed up the car, got our Manchu Wok, visited the Bulk Barn and headed off to see the worst Jonny Depp and Tim Burton movie of all time. Seriously, you might have to pay me to sit through "Dark Shadow" again. It was still fun to go, but by the time the cute love story came on at midnight, Mr. Sunshine had been asleep for a few hours and I was ready to go home.

The 19th I spent the morning with my soon-to-be mother-in-law as we went to Ikea! It was actually a lot of fun and we got to chat and spend some time together. I only bought three things, two of which were needed and one of which was a $2 impulse buy... but who wouldn't love Bob?

Bob had no stand, so he was only a toonie!
After our long adventure, I came home where Mr. Sunshine and I cuddled until we went to bed.

The 20th, or yesterday, my sister invited me out so we could celebrate my birthday a day early since she was busy today. We went to Orfus Road and Yorkdale Mall where I only bought a dress and she bought tons! It was a lot of fun to hang out, though, and her fashion sense is impeccable, while I have virtually none at all. After our long day of shopping we went back to her place and watched a movie before I left for home.

I made the hour drive and Mr. Sunshine wasn't answering his phone, which was starting to annoy me. At first I figured he was out and about, but as I got closer to home and he still wasn't answering, I got suspicious. I pulled into the driveway and he threw a white sheet away and then told me not to look in the backyard. Of course, I wanted to look, but he told me not to ruin my surprise.

He gave my our new playbook (he bought it Saturday when I was out with his mom and I love it!!!) and confined me to the front rooms of the house for about 20 minutes before coming back and announcing it was ready... if I wanted to see it early. Of course I did! I went into the backyard and saw this....

Not the actual hammock, as a ghost stole the batteries from my camera, but the same hammock.
I was thrilled! I laid down and he pulled out a zero gravity chair to go with it, for all my sun bathing needs. Love!

After that we went for a walk, watched tv and we were both dead asleep soon enough. Well, minus the hour where the neighbours shot off fireworks in their tree canopied back yard, lit by their 9 year old son and I was convinced our house would burn down.

Today is the start of my actual birthday and it's going great! Mr. Sunshine made me a beautiful breakfast and I am on my way over to my parents soon to eat a very early morning cake.

To be continued soon....

2 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could find a drive-in theater! LUCKY!
    Sad to hear you didn't like Dark Shadows, I've actually been looking forward to going and seeing it. Maybe I'll just have to wait until it's on HBO or something.

    P.S. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I didn't even know that drive in's still existed until I met my Fionce and he showed me one. Dark Shadows was soooooo horrible. I highly recommend waiting.

      Delete