Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

The First Wedding Planning Fight

Now, I have to say, before I write about this, that I am quite impressed that it took until 11 weeks out to have a fight about this! I'd say we did okay!

Now the fight.

Yesterday I was putting together a projected seating chart, which is really, really quite hard! Anyways, I put together the seating chart and Mr. Sunshine looks at the list and goes, "Where's so and so?" (We'll call him Bob). I say, "Who the heck is Bob?" And he goes, "You know? Bob? I go out for drinks with him all the time?" Needless to say I am now COMPLETELY confused because in 2 and a half years, Mr. Sunshine has not gone out with anyone named Bob! But apparently he stopped around the time he met me and he already told Bob he could come to the wedding.

This annoyed me, signficantly, for a few reasons:
1. I just finished all the invitations and now I have to do another one.
2. He has to track down a new address.
3. Our food quote was for 60, we are already at 61 and now this will be 63.
4. We likely have to add a new table.
5. IT IS MONTHS AFTER WE MADE THE GUEST LIST.

I think number 5 bothers me the most, only because Mr. Sunshine was forced to look over that list almost monthly since January and just now tells me about Bob and his wife.

So after a bit of frustration and Mr. Sunshine playing the "but you have so many people coming from your side" and me playing the "Gah! Those are my parents friends, not mine!" and he playing the "Okay we don't HAVE to have them, I guess", he won and I added them in.

I mean, I would have added them in anyways, but it's annoying!

Did someone change your guest list on you near the end of the planning process? Did it cause any issues? What about your first wedding fight? What was yours about?

~Miss. Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! It's like people don't understand the total impact that adding someone has. Not just on cost and capacity, but on all the work you've already put in :S

    My FFIL decided that during our engagement party, in front of a crowd, would be the ideal time to request 4 additional guests that we have never met. This coming 6 months after he gave us his list of 'must invite' people. Talk about putting me in an awkward position as there's a huge group of people waiting for me to respond... and no consideration for his side already having many more guests than my side, or that I've had to tell my parents no to some of their guest list.

    Wow... I didn't mean to rant :) Just wanted to say that I understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to know the best part? Mr. Sunshine went to a funeral two months after this post and saw some old friends. He then FREAKED because he forgot to invite two of "the D crew" from his old school/workplace. At this point, I told him to just add them. Also, good old "Bob" here, whom Mr. Sunshine insisted wanted to come, RSVP'd "decline". I give up!

      Delete