Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Why 'Mrs. Sunshine'?

I was saving this post for another day, but I thought it would be the perfect day to show Mr. Sunshine all about the wonderful things I write about him in here, and I thought there would be no better way to show him how much I think of him by writing about the story behind my name.

When I first thought about writing a blog (a few weeks ago now), I spent every morning and afternoon in the car trying to come up with a name. I didn't want it to be a name that made my blog about SOMETHING like "Mrs. Sunshine's Kindergarten" or "Mrs. Sunshine's Wedding Adventure" and I also wanted it to be something that I could use to document Mr. Sunshine and my new lives as newlyweds.

So I sat and thought and drove. Over and over and over again. Finally, after a few weeks, I sat down and had an "enough is enough" moment and decided to come up with something on the spot. As I sat at my computer desk I looked over to the empty hanger on the wall and remembered what was hanging there-- a card that was part of the proposal Mr. Sunshine had prepared for me. I smiled and started thinking back to the cards he wrote and how great a moment that ended up being.

In that moment I knew who I was. I was not my moniker from weddingbee or facebook or pinterest-- I was his sunshine. He is the only person who has ever given me that nickname and every single time he says it, my heart shines and beats like it will burst in my chest. How could I not be Miss. Sunshine, soon to be his Mrs.?

So there it goes....

How much do I love Mr. Sunshine? Enough to make him the most important part of my blogging journey..

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment