Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The labour of love...

I keep hearing that saying about invitations. They are time consuming, but it is a labour of love! You want to show everyone how much you love them and you spend hours and hours perfecting their first real taste of your wedding.

Honestly, at this point I am stuck between "It's mostly done anyways", "What short cuts can I take" and "Why didn't I just go to Michael's and buy a DIY kit!?!"

I think I've already done an hour by hour recap of how long everything has taken, but minus faux-lligraphy and envelope liners, the completion of 33 invitations has probably taken around 35 hours, including silly things like spending three hours looking at paper. It's effing pathetic. I have 6 more pocket folds sans pocket or cover to complete, and a "completed" invite at my parents that is in need of some E-6000 to keep the pocket in place. Guessing that envelope liners for 40 RSVPs and 40 outer envelopes will likely take another 6 or so hours, another 2 hours to complete the remaining 7 invites, and likely close to 10 hours to faux-lligraphy on everything... and... well... it's depressing! I guess it could be worse. It could be 100 invites!

Tonight I am taking a break. Partially because Mr. Sunshine was wondering why I don't hang out with him since I've started tackling invitations, partially because I am tired as all heck from being up all night coughing with this cold, and partially because I ran out of glue tape, which was a great sign from above to put it down and take a day off.

So tomorrow, being another day and armed with glue, I am determined to finish the last six pocket folds, glue the covers together, and faux-lligraphy another 10 envelopes! I have finished 7, so only 33 more to go!

Anyone else feeling bridal burnout? Any other people taking the day off of preparing for something?

~Miss. Sunshine



No comments:

Post a Comment