Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

A time to be sick

There is no good time to be sick, but there are certainly worse times to be sick. I thought this weekend would be one of them, but everything is working out somehow!

It all started last week with my fever making cheesecake. If you read back you can see how I was jacked up on tylenol trying to get it done right and still failed-- mostly at least. Well this week I went back to school and my sinus infection took a nasty dive into my lungs. Having athsma, it has not been pleasant.

Yesterday I left work at noon, carefully listening to the hacking coughs of three of my students, knowing I was going to be in bigger trouble if I didn't get to a walk-in clinic and rest. Living in a one-horse town, the walk in was closed for Orthodox Easter. My options were to drive 30 minutes back to the city I just left and wait a few hours at a busy walk-in, go to the ER for antibiotics, or just go home. I opted for the latter.

So yesterday was spent hacking up a lung. Today has not been better. I feel like death hit me with a Tonka truck! Runny nose, coughing, fever-- you name it I likely am feeling it.

So then comes the good news! This weekend was supposed to be when we get our Engagement Pictures done, but it is supposed to rain off and on today and thunderstorm on Sunday when we are scheduled. No good for an outdoor shoot. The photographer asked if we wanted to move it to the 21st and tons of problems were solved as other adventures were created!

Mr. Sunshine, being the lovely man he is, for some reason failed to mention to me that when we go to see Billy Currington in concert next Saturday, we will need to stay overnight because the concert will not end until 11 or 12 at night and it is a two hour drive home! So I quickly sourced a cheap hotel and booked us in. This worked out really well because our photo shoot for the same day is exactly halfway between our home and the concert! So next weekend we have an adventure on our hands! This also gives me one more week to shape up and get rid of this horrible cough and chest infection.

And now... off to the vets on my own with two large dogs for heartworm tests. I really can't complain because Mr. Sunshine worked from 6-3 and 5-10 last night and is working 7-11 or so today. I just wish I didn't feel so gross.

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment