Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

And so it begins...

I always think that the first post should be an epic representation of what my blog will be about, but frankly, that won't happen here. I don't know what my blog will be about, whether it only chronicles my last few weeks as a bride-to-be, if it will become the start of a play-based learning blog (which I've always wanted to do), or just a place to relieve stress and talk about my random thoughts and ideas.

A little about me would be a good start! I am currently a 24 year old who is engaged (since Christmas!) and getting married in July. I teach kindergarten and love it. I have two wonderful dogs, an amazing fiance and we are renting a quaint little house in a town we love. Overall, it is certainly the good life.

In all of this, I am planning our wedding with 7 months between our engagement and wedding. Why only 7 months? Neither of us are crazy (although many people have said we are!), but as a teacher I felt that I really can only get married and enjoy the beginning of married life in the summer, and neither of us wanted to wait yet another year to tie the knot. Having lived together now for almost two years and dated just over two years, it didn't make sense to keep going on without just getting it done.

In the process of wedding planning, teaching, getting ready to teach at a new school, developing new friendships and relationships after moving back to my hometown two years ago, and figuring out all sorts of life long questions, I am finding my anxiety levels have gone from an average of 2 to a huge 9.8! After trying to deal with it on my own I was told from many people to try a blog. Now, I haven't blogged in several years, and even then it was more about my emotions than it was about my life. I think that's why this blog is going to be different.

Bear with me as I find my "voice" in this blog. I have a good feeling it will shape itself as the days go on.

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment