Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Why I'm not a girly-girl, aka, the nailpolish disaster

I am NOT a girly girl. I can probably count the number of times I have painted my nails on both hands, and I am almost 25 years old!

That being said, tomorrow is our engagement pictures, so of course I want my ring finger hand to look nice. Not wanting to spend $30 on a manicure, I decided to DIY.

God, WHY?

I took today off because I'm still not breathing 100% and running around after 30 four and five year olds, that can easily become a problem. So what did I do? 9 am, I busted out the polish.

Love the colour!
 So I put on my clear coat at 9 am on the base. I waited 30 minutes and put on the first coat of mauve polish, then waited 15 minutes and did the second, waited 15 minutes and did the top coat. Just after I put on the top coat my nail snags on the blanket I have on and THREE NAILS are ruined. Two on my left hand. SOB! I bust out the nail polish remover and start again on those three nails. One gets hit by the bottle and do that one again. 10:45 I have finished me effing polish.

The good news? It looks okay! The bad news? I polished almost all my cuticles and around my nail and have brush strokes. Oh well. Just as a sneak peak, it still looks okay, at least I think it does...

You know you love that ring!

And done :)

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment