Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day at Court

Yesterday and today have been so strange! Yesterday Mr. Sunshine was telling me about how he was talking to someone at work who told him off for not helping with the wedding. I think the exact word was "uninvolved". He made up some lame excuse about me having it under control, but I think it got to him enough that a few hours later this is what happened:

Me: *addressing RSVP envelopes*
Him: (from the couch) Hey.... whatcha doin?
Me: Addressing RSVP's. Almost done! I only have about 15 more to go!
Him: Um... do you need help?
Me: Sure!
Him: I might screw it up
Me: That's okay, because it erases if you make a mistake.
Him: Um... okay then... *sits across from me at the table* How do I do this?
*** I show him how to trace the address over the carbon onto the envelope ***

So I'm all excited because this means I might have help for addressing the return address and regular addresses on our envelopes and all sorts of other things when I hear this.

MY HANNNNDDD HURRRTTTS!

So I look at him and go, "What do you mean your hand hurts! You've only done ONE! I've done 30!"

I guess he feels bad so he does another, whining the entire time that it hurts his hand so bad, asking why I'm doing this, getting mad at the paper and envelopes, etc.

So I told him to go watch tv and finished them myself.



Sometimes, it's just not worth it!


In other news, today I had to go to court (oooOOOooo) because I witnessed a car accident back around January 5th (oh). I had to be there for 9, got there, waited and waited and waited and then at 10:30 I talked to a cop who was hanging around and asked him how I know when it's my turn or what is happening. He tells me to go talk to the prosecutor during the break, so I thank him and the break starts. I go in, the guy plead guilty and I got to go home!

I think the best part is that the cop who dropped off the subpoena at my house in February suggested I take the entire day off because sometimes these cases can become extremely long, and in other cases they are settled before they begin. Needless to say, I wasn't complaining!

You'd think that with all this time I'd do something wedding related, but no. That certainly did not happen. I am sick of addressing things, so that is at the bottom of my list right now! I do, however, have to go back to school for 6pm or so because they are doing a musical and I volunteered to supervise a bunch of 7 year olds. I figure I'll go to Michael's, get some DIY stuff I am lacking, visit the post office, and slowly make my way back to work.

Ahhh, the hard life ;)

Anyone else doing some fun projects recently or thrilled a difficult or tedious one is over?

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment