Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Tick-Tock

My goodness how time is flying by! Today is my Uncle's birthday and I remembered back to when Mr. Sunshine and I were looking at venues. Our backup, second choice venue had today as their only available Friday in July. Can you imagine? I can't. I am so glad, at this point, the wedding is not for two more weeks because there just isn't enough time. Every single moment I think we have gotten to the end of a task, it seems that 10 more pop up.

For example, things that I still haven't completed:
-seating chart board
-photography schedule
-day of schedule
-how the hell are we getting home?

The last one on that list is kinda the big thing here. Originally my parents were going to hire a limo. After both them and us humming and hawing over it, I took the lead and called up a few places. Because we are outside Toronto (not by much, mind you) and we are a wedding, a 30 minute drive to the venue and 30 minutes back several hours later was $650, plus tip and fuel charges, etc, etc. For 8 people. Insanity. That was also the BEST quote I got from calling several places. The most expensive, all in, was $1200. For the same effing thing. One hour of driving. That's $200 a minute for services. That's not having a limo waiting in the parking lot. That's not being able to leave at alternate times. That is straight up from 3:45-4:15 and 1:00-1:30.

Anyways, my parents are looking into option #2, but I think in the meantime I have to look into getting a town car. I am fairly sure the local cab company provides them, and that is fine with me. Mr. Sunshine is adament about not getting into a big yellow taxi, so I will certainly do my best. Also, if it is just the two of us it is one stop and 9 minutes from the venue, so hopefully it will be under $100.

I guess the last thing to mention is that I have hit one of the final stages of wedding planning, and that is the nerves/crazy mood changes. Seriously, my thought process recently looks something like this.

*looks at Mr. Sunshine* Oh my god, we are getting married in two weeks! *super excited and smiling*
Holy crap, I'll be Mrs. W in two weeks! *super excited*
I guess that means I'll no longer be a J_____. *getting sad*
No one can call me JJ anymore *starting to be really sad*
I'll be the only one in my family--- omg--- they aren't even like family cause we have different names *tears*
*Mr. Sunshine asks what's wrong*
"NO ONE WILL LOVE ME ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M MARRIED AND DIFFERENT!"

As you might imagine, this suddenly leads to extreme happiness and "OMG WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

It's a sad, sad (poor Mr. Sunshine) time to be a male in this household.


Oh well! Gotta get going on projects. Being that I volunteered at a camp all week, I am way behind and must catch up!

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment