Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Favours Complete!

Well, I wrote awhile back about how I was inspired to create favours. As a recap, I originally was not going to do anything, then saw this, then fell in love and c'est la vie!

Then I stumbled across a problem, in that same post. How the hell was I going to package these things? I seriously didn't know. I posted some ideas and was beyond smitten with these Weddingstar favour kits.  The problem was that they were $20 for only 12 boxes (and I needed 60), plus shipping and handling ($8 per item). For over $2 a favour I knew I could do better, especially since my favours were only pennies to make!

Still amazingly gorgeous. C'mon!
And so began the hunt. I finally tracked down kraft boxes at Creative Bag, but had to decide between square boxes that were 3" by 3" (vs the 2" by 2" in the pic above) or rectangular boxes. I ended up going for the extra large to keep them square. For $56, I scored 100 boxes (mostly cause they only came in packs of 100) and was able to have a bunch left over for my jewellery making.

After that was done, it was time for paper and ribbon. The paper was simple, as it went on sale for $0.25 a sheet. I picked up 6 sheets for $1.50+tax and that was done. The black and really thin ivory ribbon I ended up using was $0.33 each, on sale. I used two packs of black and one pack of white for a total of $1. The most expensive ribbon I used was a boned ribbon for $2.34 with my coupon at Michaels, expensive lace at $3 for BARELY ANYTHING with my 50% off coupon and then 3 rolls of "bobble lace" (packaged in a plastic egg and you get tons) for $1.27 each with my discount. I ended up using 3 roller glues from Dollarama ($3 +tax) and a leftover pack of stick on pearls (free, but I think they are also from Dollarama). The tags were $3 a pack at Staples (they are Martha Stewart), and I spent $1 on the stamp, using the same silver paint I used in previous projects.

In total, 60 of these wrappers were done for $84-$23 in left over boxes I am using for jewellery, which is only SIXTY-ONE DOLLARS, or about $1.02 per package vs the $100+shipping+taxes Weddingstar would have charged.

Anyways, without further ado, my awesome favours:

The tag, side one (our wedding date)

Our tag, side two, so they know what to do!

The 8 styles of boxes

Did you end up doing favours? Did they worry you as much as me?

Miss. Sunshine

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! They are a bit different and bigger than what I wanted, but I love them all the same!

      Delete