Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The One Where Miss. Sunshine is Productive

For serious, it is. I was SO productive today that almost HALF my list is done! I know! Someone should give me a hero cookie!

Anyways, for all you curious ones, here are some awesome pictures of my finished accomplishments (not including scrubbing the kitchen top to bottom and sorting my classroom for FOUR hours. Gah!).

Centrepiece completion. Sort of.
I finally (mostly) completed my centrepieces. These were actually quite a deal too! Each of the tall vases were about $3.70 after using my teaching discount (15%) on Michael's sale (2/$4 for vases) months ago. I purchased 12 of those. The smallest big vase was from Dollarama for $1.25. Those little cups to the right I found on Christmas clearance for $0.50. I cleared them out! The flowers ended up being about $3.50 a stem after a clearance price for some and massive sale for others. I bought 11 stems. The candles of course are floating and from Ikea at CHEAP! And the rocks were $1 a bag, with each bag competing one centrepiece. Anyways, in total, I managed to scrounge together 8 centrepieces for about $130, or about $16 a shot. Not bad, if you ask me!

Booze
I didn't actually complete this today, but I had to brag. See all the boxes in this picture? 3 on the right, 2 in front of the ladder and 6 to the left of the mailbox? FULL OF BOOZE. I will never again see this much alcohol in my life, so I'm enjoying it.

Frame
Details on that cute frame I bought a few days ago. So nice! I love how the scroll work continues in the matte of the frame.


No one will ever know how I painstakingly decoupaged the CRAP out of this sign, but I did. I love it! The texture and details seem awesome. It needs a bit of oomph, but I figure that is something to work on at a later date, if I have time. The fact I even HAVE a sign is a good thing right now.


I have talent. Serious!
I don't think I've posted it, but I actually learned how to bead specifically to make my own jewelery so I could reuse my grandmother's earrings as a part of my outfit. It looked beautiful. Now that I can wear earrings again, I felt it was time to get that done, so I made these beauties! Are they perfect? Likely not, but I love them all the same.

Also, while there are no pictures of this accomplishment, I emailed my flower lady to confirm, booked a car appointment with good old VW to tune up the car before our road trip, booked a nail appointment for the day before the wedding, and made some phone calls to local limo companies to see if I can anything for LESS than $750 a night for 2 hrs of service.

Wish me luck on my hunt for ribbon tomorrow!

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment