Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The bachelor party that wasn't. NSFW

When we first got engaged, Mr. Sunshine clearly told me that there were some things he was not interested in. One of them was a bachelor party. Having been married before, he felt that it was both bad luck to have one now (no idea, but I respected that) and he didn't really feel up to it. For his brother's bachelor party two years ago, they all went to a football game. I asked him if he was interested in something like that and was met with a firm no.

So it was never planned.

I also was all for the "no parties" idea and did not want a shower, bachelorette party or engagement party, but the bachelorette was a surprise party hosted by my sister, and, well, how can it NOT be fun when you are greeted at the door by this:

Picture blurred to protect the innocent. And yes, that is a giant penis costume.
Anyways, I ended up having a great time, asked Mr. Sunshine if he wanted to reconsider, and he was still cool with being bachelor party free.

But clearly he underestimated my dad. About two months ago, my dad and godfather asked when Mr. Sunshine's party was going to be. I told them he wasn't interested, etc, etc. I think as a result of not having really partied in 20 years, they were both disappointed and asked me to get Mr. Sunshine to change his mind. Wasn't happening. I explained that, unfortunately, he just wasn't interested. The matter was dropped.

I thought.

A week ago my dad comes up to me and says, "Tell Mr. Sunshine godfather and I are taking him out for dinner. Ask when he wants to go." I asked what it was for, and they said dinner. Mr. Sunshine politely agreed and that is where this has gone from "dinner" to "unofficial bachelor party under the guise of us all having a good time". Why do I say that? I say that because I have been subjected to the following from my father:
1. "Crap! We never invited his brother out! Should we have invited his brother out? Well I guess it's just dinner."
2. "Er... Miss. Sunshine, can you pick up Mr. Sunshine around 1 am from our house? He won't be able to drive home."
3. "Is there still a Hooters in Brampton?"
4. "Does Mr. Sunshine like tequilla?"
5. "Do strippers make you angry?"

Now, I haven't told Mr. Sunshine this because I am clearly a HORRIBLE fiancee, but I'm also secretly hoping that he goes out and has some fun. I know he will enjoy himself, as he loves both my dad and godfather, but beyond those two conniving men, neither of us have any REAL idea of what will happen.

Did anyone surprise you with a party? Did you have fun like I did or hate the entire adventure?

~Miss. Sunshine (only 6 more days until I'm a Mrs.!)

No comments:

Post a Comment