Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weird Wedding Stressors: Shoes

Well ladies and gents, I'm back to being normal and stress free again! Reports are done, all of my crazy school activities are about finished, my classroom is almost completely moved and there are only TEN days of school left! What more could a girl ask for?

In celebration of my new freedom, I decided that today was the day to look at shoes and I blame this whole thing on cowboy boots and people.

When I first got a dress, I knew I wanted to wear my cowboy boots. I had seen the trends, drank the punch, and wanted it there. I figured this would be my cowboy theme, since the only cowboy things in our wedding will be our Engagement Pictures and music. So, silly me, thought everyone would be totally cool with this. Here are some reactions:

Mom: Why would you do that? Are you joking? But why?
Mother-in-Law: Oh... you were serious?
Sister: No. Way. No.

As you can see, it wasn't going over well. I went from loving it and buying some sexy boots to slowly starting to rethink my decision. What if it was too hot? Would I regret this in years? After telling everyone no one will even see my boots, did I even believe that anymore? What about pictures? So I started what became a long and agonizing hunt.

Stock photo of the boots I LOVE(D)
There were a few hiccups in this plan. One, I had 4 weeks, at the point that I was rethinking things, to get new shoes so I could do my last fitting. I had no idea what I wanted to wear, but it had to be a lower heel, comfortable and cute. Sounds easy enough, right? NO! After searching every weekend and hunting online, I ended up going to my fitting with these boots that have 3" heel. Not a disaster, I think, because then I can just find heels that have a heel that is 2.5-3.5 inches. Right? HA!

After weeks of searching I gave up and started on looking for flats with the desperate hope that by entering shoe stores and not actively looking for heels I would find some with the right heel height. I found neither flats nor heels.

For the record, I blame the fashionistas out there who keep demanding higher heels. C'mon ladies! Not everyone can walk around in a 4 inch heel dragging a heavy dress and veil!

Anyways, being stress free today, I rejoined the hunt. I went to the mall with a few online found shoes and began to look. The shoes I tried on I hated. I was getting angry, annoyed and desperate. I ran to a store I had never been to before and tried on sandals that looked cute. AND HELL IF IT WASN'T A SUCCESS! I think my face lit up so much the sales person actually backed up from my smile.

On my foot. Excuse the weird angle. CUTE THOUGH!
It had everything I didn't know I wanted! A bit of bling, some rhinestone lovin', a good fit, easy on and off and in the traditional bridal colours. Of course the store had a "buy one get the second half off" sale, but alas I found no heels. On I walked towards the food court, figuring that if I didn't find shoes I'd at least get some great Manchu Wok.

Seriously a weakness of mine. I once ate this and found a coil of metal in the food and STILL hasn't turned me off.
 So I stumbled into Nine West that was advertising a huge sale. I knew their shoes would have at least one element of what I needed, and that is they would be comfy and not hurt my back. I walked around and circled to the sale wall. My eyes were stuck on these and I seriously almost jumped up and down. They were the shoes I keep loving but with a 3" heel height and in a nice dusty rose. Seriously. I didn't even know what to say. I grabbed it and said, "Please tell me you have this in a nine!!" The lady laughed and asked the occasion and I told her they had to be my wedding shoes. She ran to the back (literally!) and came out with the shoes. I put it on, took 10 steps in the comforting awe that is something better quality than Walmart heels, and said, "I'll take them!". It was only looking online to find a picture now, that I realized that they are $100 in store and only $70 online. Friggen Nine West! I bet they aren't refundable either.

Anyways, without further ado, my new (maybe) wedding shoes for if I become too much of a chicken to wear my wedding boots...

These shoes are actually called, "Don't Mess". I love it!
Is there anything wedding related that gave you a hard time? How did you choose your shoes?

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment