Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Month, Three Days and Everything Always Ends

Well blog readers, it is so close I can taste it. My nightmares have turned from bridal to just plain strange (last night I dreamt I had two boys and we stole a car and robbed a store for large lollipops and new tires. I know...). My to-do list seems insurmountable, and many things have been taken off. Money is being owed. Dresses are to be picked up, and it seems the number of meetings and "OMG" moments increases exponentially with the stress. Beyond that, it's been a long week.

The first thing to end was my hope for our bridesmaid dresses. The lovely dresses that I spent $150 each on, are likely garbage. The seamstress we hired has altered each dress upwards of 5 times, and they still don't fit. I love going in and it's too small, then too big, then too small. After fitting 5 we are picking them up and bringing them elsewhere. Here's hoping someone can salvage them in 33 days. Frankly, it's not really a concern for me, because I see it as "WA-HOO!!! MISMATCHED DRESSES!" and my mother has this unyielding sense of guilt because she insisted we use this seamstress that she had so many good reviews from. I agreed with her. The woman, for godsake, used to design and MAKE wedding and bridesmaid dresses. You think she'd know how to alter them. Oh well. Somehow it will be figured out.

The next few things, just for this week, are to meet with our DJ and Day of Coordinator, buy the booze and start hunting down the absent RSVP'ers. Also, it is the last week of school, so as a warning, I will be moody, crying and devestated by the time Friday comes around and I have to say goodbye to all my precious students.

Finally, it has been a sad weekend because we have lost an amazing woman. I can't say that I knew her well, or even much, but I felt like I knew her through Mr. Sunshine's talk. She worked with him for several years and her husband is to be our pastor. I can only say that it was a sad day to have to go to her funeral this weekend and watch everyone say goodbye.

So what will I be up to this week? Too much. Report cards have to be completed, paperwork filed, forms completed, exercise attempted, parties planned and meetings attended. Whether or not I will be doing it sober by Friday at 5 might be a feat in itself!

Here's to me... and anyone else who is reaching the last minute mark!

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment