Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It has been one week since I last confessed...

It has been way too long blog world. Life has been happening at lightspeed and I can't keep up. My brain is always somewhere screaming RUN AWAY FASTER or GO TO SLEEP! So far, in the last week, I have had a staff meeting, our Welcome to Kindergarten night, a day doing report cards, a day celebrating my dad's birthday, a night out with my sister, a day of hangovers and a day moving things to my new classroom at my new school. Then today it was so hot at school and I come home, exhausted, to write more report cards.

I don't want to sound like a whiney bitch, but it's how I feel. In fact, let me detail my complaints to the world.

1. I wanted to finally relax and read a good book, so I picked up 50 Shades of Grey that has been sitting on my night table for a dogs age. GOOD LORD IT WAS BAD. I mean, I am no literary critic, but I have read my fair share of books and even worked at a bookstore for two years. The only good thing I can say about 50 Shades was that I was turned on a few times and only threw the book in frustration twice. Anyways, my complaint? I wanted to read a good book and relax and all I did was get annoyed.

2. This one isn't so much a complaint, but just stress that comes with sad news. Mr. Sunshine insisted that a pastor he knew married us. The pastor was the husband of a good friend of his. I was a-okay with this, since the pastor was quite nice. Anyway, the wife had cancer in the past and it came back recently. She seemed fine, and yesterday Mr. Sunshine got the news that the wife had passed away. It was quite sad. Yesterday evening we got an RSVP from Mr. Sunshine's Aunt saying she was not coming, after we had heard that she was certainly going to be there. Today the Future Mother in Law emailed to say that the Aunt is very sick. It is a sad day around here.

3. I have report cards coming out of every orfus of my body and it won't end!!! I have so many things on my plate, I just can't get into it and every time I do something happens. I am ready to quit. Seriously.

I'm sure I have more complaints, but there is a quick update about my life and stress. I guess the good news is that with only 12 days left to school (one being a field trip!!), some of that stress will soon be gone.

~Miss. Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I still have the third installment of "50 Shades" on my Kindle app. I. CANNOT. FINISH. IT. It's so freaking bad. The first two were really quick reads and kind of awful, but the third is it's own unique-snowflake kind of awful.

    ReplyDelete